Finalists for Interop London’s Tech Startup 10 announced
Startups Top 20 company what3words among finalists competing for free exhibition space at upcoming London Technology Week event
10 high-growth potential start-ups have been announced as finalists for Interop London’s Tech Startup 10 competition, with the opportunity to exhibit their businesses for free within the event’s Future of Technology programme.
The winners include companies from the UK, France, Portugal, US and Israel, across a range of areas including, e-commerce, the Internet of Things, big data and enterprise tech.
Among the finalists is UK start-up what3words, a three-word location mapping service which was previously identified as one of the Top 20 Startups of 2013.
The judging panel featured representatives from Startups.co.uk, UKTO, Microsoft Ventures, techUK, and Penningtons Manches.The shortlisted companies will receive an exhibition package worth £7,000 that includes space and furniture, pre-show marketing, on site promotions and mentoring sessions.
The 10 finalists are:
- Plugmystore.com – a provider of services to global e-commerce companies, including logistics, management and business performance
- Tap My Back – an app to boost employee recognition and engagement by motivating through feedback and peer-to-peer interaction
- AtlaSense – a data company
- Brytlyt – a big data company providing cloud solutions, support and training, and consulting, design and development
- Kazoup – a cloud service that helps companies regain control of unstructured file data to extract value and intelligence
- Omnifi Ltd – develops and manages retail and venue technologies to support user engagement and on and offline sales
- OpenTRV – an energy technology that helps householders save money by fitting to UK housing stock with radiator central heating
- SoAmpli – a social media consulting company that helps companies’ employees become social media influencers
- What3words – a company that provides a unique three word combination to identify a 3x3m square anywhere on the planet for better addressing
- Xplenty – an on demand data integration service to help companies transform raw data into meaningful business insights and generate more revenue
The Interop London 2015 trade show will run at the ExCel Centre from June 16-18 as part of London Technology Week, which brings together major players in the global tech industry to broadcast the capital’s tech credentials, and attract investors and entrepreneurs.
Josué Paulos, event manager at Interop London, commented: “We were very impressed with the quality of entries we received and after much deliberation from the judges I’m delighted with our winners. The Tech Startup 10 will bring an element of innovation to Interop that our audience consistently demands.
“It’s also fantastic to give these burgeoning companies a platform with which to showcase what they’re doing in front of an audience of thousands of tech buyers, investors and potential partners. I’m excited to see the deals which emerge from this summer’s event.”
Attendees can register for a free entry ticket here.