idea for a directory
i’m almost 20 and just finished my 2nd year at university. and basically i’ve always dreamt of starting my own business as i just absolutely hate working for somebody else! as i only have 1 year left at uni, i want to use this opportunity to start up a business to get my teeth into or i could possibly get a job after university and never get the chance. Therefore i have had an idea for a directory website and am wondering how much this would cost to have made? thanks
With regards to your enquiry, there are so many different type of Directories you can have. I.e , different functions within the directory, If you would like to drop me an e mail with more information i will quite happily give you more advice and also have a better understanding of what you require. As a web agency we have built quite a few directories with different operating features, some starting from £800.
You can e mail on firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to hearing back from you
WebFlicker Design Agency www.webflicker.co.uk Bespoke websites at your request
WebFlicker is right depending on what you want from your directory will heavily influence the cost of the site, does your site need google map integration, an area where the people advertising their services can add information or promotions or does a company simply pay you and you add the information yourself.
I own a couple of directories and to be honest one is very simple and a second one i am working on now for a wedding planning company is very detailed.
However if your budget is tight ( with you being at Uni) you could always start off with a nice simple system and then as the revenue comes in from your directory upgrade your site with new and better features.
Whilst i am a developer i generally only build directories or job boards etc, big database sites, but if you would like to chat about your ideas drop me an email, i’ll happily give you some free advice or just mull over your ideas with you.
Security Vacancies | Security Jobs | Security Jobs London
I am still debating because i definately want it to have everything such as google maps, and them put their information on themselves but it would probably be cheaper to do it myself when they pay me. However, it would save me time if i had the system in place for them to add information.
how much does price generally change for a complex system with maps/ them putting in details? opposed to a basic bog standard, they give e-mail me the info and i add it onto the site?
webflicker is better , I think u can also go a head with other topics in mind …
Try to get easy , for layman
There are white label directory software available I believe
With regards to your directory we designed one very recently for a client called wyeshoparound.
It is a discount directory where businesses advertise special offers and promotions and has the following functions.
1) People list, edit and update their adverts themselves.
2) Each company has their own dashboard and can pick their own username and password etc.
3) In their dashboard they can amend their public profile, create and cancel adverts, display their profile picture and lots lots more.
4) Each company can create as many adverts they like and post links to websites, upload pictures etc.
5) Each advert has an interactive google map which also uses street view.
6) Each advert has a contact form so the company can be contacted directly through the website.
7) The website itself has a great registration form with auto generated welcome e-mails etc.
8) The website has many many business categories
9) It has a fantastic search bar so customers can search for specific services or products and within a certain radius of their postcode.
10) It is also linked in with paypal and has loads of different payment options. e.g free for first 30 days then so much to renew. or a years membership with unlimited advert creations or so much per month. Its completely flexible.
The best part is that it runs on a content management system so that you can manage it yourself with ease.
It really is an amazing directory and we charged the client just 600 Pounds.
Check it out just Google – wyeshoparound
I reckon its exactly what you are after.
any feedback would be much appreciated as we are very proud of it.