Promedica24: The franchise opportunity
With plans to become the market leader of live-in care in the UK by 2018, Promedica24 is looking for ambitious self-starters to join its chain...
Franchise name: Promedica24
Description: Europe’s largest provider of live-in care services
Started in: 2004 (launched in the UK in May 2015)
No. of franchisees: 100 and growing
Average cost per franchise: £15,000 + VAT (plus £5,000 to £10,000 working capital)
Founded over a decade ago, Promedica24 is the market leader of live-in care across Europe. We offer a 24 hour live-in care service as a genuine alternative to residential care homes. Unlike any other care franchise we train and recruit all of our carers leaving our franchise partners to get on with growing their business. Our franchisees assess, arrange and oversee the client /carer relationship for a truly bespoke solution and exceptional level of care.
Thanks to our unique business structure, our franchise fee is just £15,000. The franchise package includes everything you need to get your business up and running, starting a care franchise with us has never been easier or more affordable.
Moving into franchising
Where did the business open its first franchises?
The first franchise was opened in Poland over a decade ago, shortly followed by Germany. Due to the success in Germany we expanded to the UK and opened our first franchise in Brighton. We have over 12 years’ experience, 100 franchise locations and 52 recruitment branches.
How successful were those original franchisees?
The original franchisees make in excess of £20,000 per month and have over 100 contracts each.
The franchise opportunity
What makes the franchise different/unique?
We offer a real cost effective alternative and not just to other home care providers, but to the thought of a loved one having to leave everything they know and love behind and go into residential care.
As our franchisee you can rely on:
- Low investment level: Of just £15,000
- Home-based: No office rents to worry about and working locally
- Tried and tested methods: Promedica24 was originally established over 10 years ago and is now the largest provider of live-in home care services in Europe
- A dedicated franchise support manager: An expert in the field with you every step of the way
- Recruitment and training of all care staff: Saving you time and money
- Minimal working capital required: Start with as little as £5,000
- No staff costs, regulatory fees or insurance premiums
- Current network turnover in the UK is £4m
- Average contract value for UK clients is £750 per week
- Admin support: We invoice and pay staff giving you time to focus on expanding your business
- Care Quality Commission (CQC) and provisional British Franchise Association (bfa) registration
- Multi-channel marketing support: Marketing collateral, business cards, social media support, local advertising etc.
- Plus making a real difference to people’s lives: Allowing them to stay independent in their own home.
What services do you offer?
Our live in care services include:
- Short term care
- Continuing long term care
- Respite care
- Care for couples
- Holiday relief
- Home from hospital care
How big is the market opportunity?
According to Age UK, there are currently 11 million people aged 65 or over in the UK. By 2030, this number is projected to pass the 20 million mark. The care sector in the UK is worth in excess of £25bn and will continue to grow as the population needs grow.
The number of older people with care needs is expected to rise by more than 60% in the next 20 years. Meaning the need for live-in care will continue to grow, we have identified the biggest barrier to growth in any UK care company is the availability of quality care staff. Unlike other care franchises, responsibility for delivery of care does not sit with the franchisee but instead with Promedica24.
To the present day we have provided premium care solutions to over 19,000 families. Our expert team have over 20 years’ experience in the franchise industry and an abundance more in the health care sector. Our highly skilled workforce are regulated and monitored by the Care Quality Commission. We are proud (provisional) members of the British Franchise Association and are passionate about ethical franchising.
How many franchisees do you have today?
Over 100 across Europe and the UK and growing, providing care to more than 19,000 families.
How is the brand marketed?
Promedica24 is the brand leader in Europe for live-in care. Our marketing team supports our partners in all local marketing activities and client development.
The initial franchise package includes a range of literature, marketing tools and promotional materials to communicate the offering. With ongoing marketing support as your business continues to grow.
The perfect franchisee
What do you look for in potential franchisees?
Our franchisees come from all walks of life but, perhaps surprisingly, you don’t need to have a background in care to invest with us. What you do need is the drive and motivation to own your own business and a passion for care.
Qualities we look for are:
- Passionate about changing the way the UK delivers care
- Good communicator
- Great people skills
- Sales experience an added bonus but not necessary
- Ambitious and hardworking
So do franchisees work from an office, or are they home-based?
Franchisees are home based saving them money on expensive office fees.
How are franchisees vetted?
It is important that franchisees share our values and passion for providing personalised high quality care. Franchisees will go through a two staged interview process, one at their home and one at our head office, this process will take no longer than six to eight weeks.
What do you offer franchisees that sign-up?
Part of the franchise package includes comprehensive initial training, with the opportunity to develop your skills regularly on an ongoing basis. You will have a dedicated support team with a wealth of experience and talent in this sector, not just at the outset, but throughout the life of your franchise.
- Dedicated franchise support manager
- 24 hour telephone support line
- Email support from head Office
- Quarterly regional meetings
- Quarterly business plan review
- Annual franchise conference
- National marketing strategy; pay per click, search engine optimisation, advertising
- Support with localised marketing and PR activity
- Training and recruitment of staff
- Administrative support
- Registrations: Care Quality Commission (CQC), British Franchise Association (bfa)
- Induction programme
- Intensive training in Poland and the UK
How much do franchisees pay and what are the ongoing franchise fees?
We think it’s wrong that a six-figure investment often prevents people with a passion for care from owning a care franchise. Our unique model breaks down these barriers and presents an opportunity like no other.
The franchise fee is £15,000 plus VAT and will require an additional £5,000-£10,000 of working capital to help fund your new business growth plus a 9% managed service fee per month.
- WE find, train and employ carers for you
- WE employ care managers
- WE manage all regulatory and compliance matters
- WE invoice the client and pay the carers
- YOU focus on building a profitable business
How successful are some of the franchisees today?
A number of our franchisees are currently exceeding budgets – our top 10 franchisees have over 100 contracts each and generate more than £20,000 per month.
How is the brand looking to grow?
We are the market leader for live in care within Europe. With over 12 years’ experience, 100 franchise locations and 52 recruitment branches.
This has inspired ambitious growth in our brand on a multi-national level.
What is the potential of the business?
At Promedica24, we focus on delivering quality personalised care. By 2018 we aim to expand our franchise network and become the market leader of live in care in the UK.
What will the challenges be in achieving that?
One of our biggest challenges is growing our network with like-minded franchisees who will enhance our reputation as the most trusted live in care provider in the UK.
To what extent are the founders involved today?
The founders are still involved with key decisions and sit on the board of the company today.
Finally, is the company a British Franchise Association (bfa) member?
Promedica24 is a provisional member of the bfa and is working towards associate membership.