Types of online ads your business’ website can feature
What are the different forms of online advertising?
There are many types of adverts that can sit on your web site. Here’s a list of the most popular forms:
- Pop ups and pop unders are adverts that do just that
- A banner ad is a graphic or animation that will sit on your site, often at the top hence the word banner
- A trick banner can be designed to look like an error message or Windows dialog box, to encourage users to click onto it
- An interstitial ad is an advert that will appear on your screen before any content does
- An expanding advert will alter size on the screen and may change some of the background content as well
- A floating ad will move across the screen or “float” in front of content
Many guide users will see the descriptions given here and realise just how annoying, irritating and off putting these adverts can be. Having adverts that appear before content is very frustrating, and having an advert dressed up as a dialog or error message is deceiving and extremely rude to your users. Many regular web users have developed an ability to ignore most website adverts so their effectiveness can certainly be questioned in many instances.
Source: Online advertising
The Business IT Guide enables businesses to make the right IT decisions