50 more firms added to index of Britain’s hottest entrepreneurs
Lord Young and Sir Terry Leahy-backed initiative rises to 150 companies with Ella’s Kitchen and Eyetease Media founders amongst those added
A list celebrating the UK’s brightest entrepreneurs has announced the names of a further 50 members, bringing the total to 150.
The Accelerate 250 initiative, backed by Lord Young and former Tesco boss Sir Terry Leahy, is designed to recognise the leaders of the fastest-growing businesses in the UK.
In preparation for the upcoming Accelerate 2013 event, organisers have been releasing the names of the entrepreneurs added to the 250-strong index at a rate of 50 a week.
Many of the entrepreneurs to make the index will be familiar to Growing Business readers, having been recognised as Young Guns in previous years. Winners included 2008 Young Gun Dan McGuire, founder of visual analytics company Cube 19, and lingo24 founder Christian Arno, part of the 2009 crop of Young Guns.
Other names added to the list included Paul Lindley of baby food business Ella’s Kitchen, which won the International Business of the Year award in the Fast Growth Business Awards 2011 and Startups’ Micro Business of the Year 2006, and Richard Corbett, founder of ‘digital billboard’ firm Eyetease Media, which was featured in Startups 100 2012 and made the Startups Top 20 list.
Representing businesses across a wide variety of sectors, the 50 entrepreneurs added are:
Building a website for your business idea is easier than you might think. Our online tool ranks the top website builders that offer free trials.
- 3 Blonde Bears: Jo Jenner
- 5 point plus: Richard Knight
- A-Star Sports: Gary Bassett, Sharon Bassett
- AES International: Sam Instone
- Affectv: Glen Calvert
- Age Partnership: Tim Loy
- Armadillo Merino: Andy Caughey
- Badger Office Supplies: Karl Kitchen
- Blippar: Ambarish Mitra, Omar Tayeb
- Block Solutions: Jon Pickering, Mark Chang
- Blue Group: Patrick McGeary
- Captify: Adam Ludwin, Dominic Joseph
- Charbrew: Adam Soliman
- Concept Cupboard: Guy McConnell, Julie Cheetham, Adam Ball
- CoSkill: Craig Le Grice
- Cube 19: Dan McGuire
- CubeSocial: Linda Cheung
- Elephant Branded: James Boon
- Ella’s Kitchen: Paul Lindley
- Enterprise Lab: Jonathan Pfahl, Ketan Makwana
- Epistem: Matthew Walls
- Eyetease Media: Richard Corbett
- Ffrees: Alex Letts
- Find, Invest, Grow (FIG): James King, Marco Geninazza
- FootFall 123: Ben Cheeser
- Funding Options: Conrad Ford
- FusePump: Robert Durkin
- Huddle: Alistair Mitchell
- Kids Bee Happy: Alistair Patterson, Sandra Patterson
- Left Bank Pictures: Andy Harries, Marigo Kehoe
- Lingo24: Christian Arno
- Livebookings: Ian Cole
- Liz Hobbs Group: Elizabeth Doogan-Hobbs
- Magic Whiteboard: Neil Westwood
- Mando Group Ltd: Matt Johnson
- Meals From Scratch: Phil Pinnell
- Medstrom: David Belli
- Menkind: Paul Kraftman
- myParceldelivery.com: David Grimes
- Nutmeg: Maria Pasquale, William Todd
- People per Hour: Xenios Thrasyvoulou
- Purple Seven: Stuart Nicolle
- Quill: Ed Bussey
- Screach: Paul Rawlings
- Secret Escapes: Tom Valentine
- Secured Mail: Mark Bigley
- Uniform: Nick Howe
- We Are Social: Robin Grant
- Widget UK: Mark Needham
- Zaini: Miranda Harper
The winners will be celebrated at Accelerate 2013, a one-day event which is set to take place in Liverpool on 27 June.
Speakers at the event will include Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales and Martha Lane Fox, chair of karaoke bar chain Lucky Voice.
Richard Corbett, founder of new Accelerate 250 member Eyetease Media, said: “We are delighted that Eyetease has been nominated as one of the UK’s fastest growing companies.
“Accelerate 2013 is a fantastic initiative and we are really proud to join the other Accelerate 250 members in Liverpool to celebrate high-growth business.
“Eyetease has launched the world’s first digital broadcast media format for taxis, named iTaxitop, and more recently the first high speed WiFi system for taxis using an innovative ads-for-access model, named CabWifi.
“Our mission is to develop disruptive digital media propositions and become one of the global leaders in this field. I’m also proud to say we’re British and we manufacture our technology in Britain! To be recognised by Lord Young and Sir Terry Leahy as one of the top companies for growth is a great achievement for us.
“There is a fantastic line-up of speakers and we are really looking forward to participating in the discussions and sessions for what promises to be a brilliant day for inspiring business growth in the UK.”