bfa 2015 Franchisee of the Year winners unveiled
Entrepreneurs from Snap On, Little Kickers and Signs Express amongst UK's "most exceptional" franchisees
The country’s top franchisees have been named by the British Franchise Association (bfa) at the 2015 HSBC Franchisee of the Year Awards.
Recognised at a gala dinner at Birmingham Town Hall last night, the UK’s six “most exceptional franchisees” included entrepreneurs from a host of franchise brands big and small including Snap-On, Little Kickers and McDonald’s.
The overall prize of Franchisee of the Year was awarded to Lee Eaton, owner of Signs Express in Manchester, for having scaled his business 25% year-on-year and having secured high-profile customers such as Sky and Great British Cycling.
Eaton received £10,000 from HSBC as part of the prize while the other category winners each received £1,000.
The bfa Franchisee of the Year winners are:
- Young Franchisee of the Year: Richard Swayne, Snap-on Dartford
- Customer Service Franchisee of the Year: Noel Gallacher, Dyno Scotland
- Female Franchisee of the Year: Carolyn Sharpe, Puddle Ducks Newcastle
- B2B Franchisee of the Year: Lee Eaton, Signs Express Manchester
- Olderpreneur Franchisee of the Year: Mike Guerin, McDonald’s Bristol & Wiltshire
- Microbusiness Franchisee of the Year: Paul Stokes, Little Kickers Hitchin & Bedford
On his win, Eaton said: “This is a wonderful tribute to the efforts of my team. Together we’ve worked tirelessly to deliver the best service we can to every single one of our clients and to be recognised for that is a great feeling. I’m so proud and passionate about my business, I started it with my Dad and he’s going to be really chuffed about this too!”
Cathryn Hayes, bfa head of business support and chair of the judging panel, continued:
Building a website for your business idea is easier than you might think. Our online tool ranks the top website builders that offer free trials.
“The six winners are great ambassadors for the sector and an inspiration for anybody considering running their own business. Franchising has been life-changing for each of them and we’re proud to recognise their achievements.”