Emma Sinclair MBE’s entrepreneur auction for Unicef UK launches
You can win a one-to-one meeting with Brent Hoberman MBE, lunch with The FT, or a catch-up with a Dragons' Den star. Find out how
Enterprise Jungle co-founder Emma Sinclair MBE has this week launched Unicef UK’s first ever crowdfunding campaign to help turn refugees in Azraq, Jordan into the entrepreneurs of the future, and is offering you the chance to win incredible experiences for your business.
With a belief that “the next Elon Musk, Sheryl Sandberg or Sergey Brin can come from anywhere”, the campaign’s aim is to give young refugees access to training, digital skills and business opportunities – so they can fully realise their entrepreneurial potential.
Supported by a host of inspiring entrepreneurs, leading business figures from across the UK have auctioned their time and expertise to support the campaign.
Launched yesterday, the entrepreneur auction is designed to help the 10 day crowdfunding campaign reach its target and will be live until midday on Friday 22 September.
Auction prizes include:
- Lunch with Emma Sinclair MBE: Enter a prize draw to have lunch with Emma and two tickets to the official closing party for the crowdfunding campaign.
- A one-to-one with serial entrepreneur Brent Hoberman CBE: Meet with Lastminute.com and Founders Factory co-founder Brent Hoberman CBE and hear his experiences, plus receive business advice over lunch from the Founders Factory’s team of tech experts.
- Lunch with The Financial Times: Enjoy a mentoring lunch at London’s Borough Market with FT columnist, personal finance editor and financial commentator of the year; Claer Barrett.
- Dinner with Tamara Arbib, co-founder of Rebel Kitchen: Enjoy dinner with the co-founder of Rebel Kitchen, Tamara Arbib and create your very own mylk recipe in the Rebel Kitchen test kitchen.
- Beach-side lunch with Jimmy from Jimmy’s Iced Coffee: Enjoy rolling in a classic American pick up for a surf and beach-side lunch on England’s south coast with the Jimmy’s Iced Coffee co-founder.
- VIP tour of Unruly: Enjoy a personalised VIP tour of Unruly’s Home of the Future with global futurist Simon Gosling, followed by cocktails and canapés with Unruly’s CEO and co-founder Sarah Wood.
- Lunch with Dragon’s Den star Jenny Campbell: Join Dragons’ Den newbie and prolific business woman Jenny Campbell for lunch
- Lunch with James Lohan and Tamara Heber-Percy, founders of Mr & Mrs Smith: Enjoy a private lunch with James and Tamara Lohan, the co-founders of the infamous travel brand.
Bid on the entrepreneur auction here.
Blogging for Startups.co.uk last week about her journey from entrepreneur to Unicef advisor, Sinclair explained the urgency of her appeal – and what she hopes to achieve with the auction:
“Right now, 50 million children have been uprooted from their homes. They’re missing out on the chance to fulfil their potential and their lives are on hold at a time when they should be free from worries and in education, preparing for their future. This is unfair, devastating in fact, and something I wanted to help address.
“Unicef’s initial project is to support aspiring young entrepreneurs who have faced unimaginable hardships; many have lost their family, friends and their chance to go to school.
“I’m raising funds to help roll out ‘Innovation Labs’ where these young people can receive support, seed funding and training in highly-sought-after digital skills. It’s Unicef UK’s first crowdfund and I’m proud to be leading it.”