Entries now open for the Travis Perkins BreakThru accelerator programme
11-week programme will give start-ups access to mentorship, the opportunity to pilot products and services, and pitch for investment
UK technology start-ups can now apply to join building material supplier Travis Perkins’ new accelerator programme, which seeks to help them grow through partnership and investment.
Run in collaboration with L Marks, BreakThru is an 11-week partnership development programme offering mentorship from Travis Perkins senior leadership and industry experts, as well as access to its network, the opportunity to pilot products and services in its stores, and the chance to pitch for investment.
The programme has outlined five areas of focus:
- Keeping people safe – products and solutions that improve health and safety for both customers and employees, with a visual approach to best practice and a focus on prevention
- Connected home, work and fleet – Internet of Things (IoT) solutions to improve the connectivity of heating, lighting and electronics in the home, as well as fleet and workforce efficiencies within the Travis Perkins network
- Sharing and managing knowledge – solutions for sharing and utilising the knowledge and expertise of employees, including ideas that allow staff to have “streamlined” access to product knowledge and best practice
- Digitising our customer journey – products and services that improve technologies in order fulfillment and acknowledgement, and create real time inventory visibility and management
- Wildcard – entrants can pitch ideas that they think could help Travis Perkins in any area they might not have thought of yet
John Carter, CEO of Travis Perkins, commented: “We are very excited to launch our first accelerator programme at Travis Perkins. Our goal is to provide a seamless customer experience through harnessing the latest innovations and ideas brought by start-ups.
“We hope the start-ups who join us can challenge us internally, while we also hope to provide them with the expertise and support to take their product or solution to the next level.”
Stuart Marks, chairman of L Marks chairman, added: “The opportunity to partner with the UK’s largest supplier of building materials is a unique and exciting challenge. This is a sector that has huge potential for innovation and together with Travis Perkins we want to find solutions that can provide an even better service for customers.”
Applications are open until midnight Wednesday 2 August.