Europe’s most active tech VCs revealed
High-Tech Gruenderfonds, Index Ventures and Accel Partners among top venture capital firms of 2014
Venture capital (VC) firms High-Tech Gruendorfonds, Index Ventures and Accel Partners were the most active investors in tech businesses in 2014, new research from CB Insights has revealed.
German firm High-Gruendorfonds was the top tech VC having backed several Series A and B rounds which included a $17.8m investment in men’s personal styling service Outfittery.
UK-based Index was second on the list having backed tech companies across Europe with its largest rounds being its $100m Series C investment in BlaBlaCar and its $65m Series D round in Young Gun-founded Funding Circle.
Other UK VC firms that topped the list included Octopus Ventures, Balderton Capital and Beringea.
The most active European tech VCs of 2014 are:
1. High-Tech Gruenderfonds (Bonn, Germany)
2. Index Ventures (London, UK)
3. Accel Partners (London, UK)
4. German Startups Group (Berlin, Germany)
5. Octopus Ventures (London, UK)
6 Balderton Capital (London, UK)
7. Northzone Ventures (Stockholm, Sweden)
8 Creandum (Stockholm, Sweden)
9. Sunstone Capital (Copenhagen, Denmark)
11 Notion Capital (London, UK)
12 Alven Capital (Paris, France)
10. Kima Ventures (Paris, France)
13. Point Nine Capital (Berlin, Germany)
13. DN Capital (London, UK)
13. Earlybird Venture Capital (Berlin, Germany)
16. Partech Ventures (Paris, France)
17. LVenture (Rome, Italy)
17. Caixa Capital Risc (Barcelona, Spain)
17. Beringea (London, UK)
17. Holtzbrinck Ventures (Munich, Germany)