Would appreciate feedback on our new site – Branding & Marketing consultancy
- September 6, 2017 at 5:11 pm #174573
We’re a new branding and marketing consultancy/agency. We’ve recently updated our site with new imagery and copy and would appreciate feedback:
As background, we work with SMEs and larger independents to help them develop and redefine their brands, visually and otherwise. We’re also looking to offer startup specific packages, designed to help new business make maximum impact with their brands from the off.
Thanks for your thoughts in advance.September 6, 2017 at 6:41 pm #174575
Here are some thoughts:
- You can look back on some of the past reviews in this forum that talk about the issues of having a carousel on the homepage. A quick Google search will also bring up some good reasons why it should be removed.
- Send button on the contact form at the bottom isn’t consistent with the other buttons on the page.
- The input fields on the contact form are a bit tight. Add some padding to make them easier to read.
- There’s some odd things in the developer console.. But that’s what happens when you use a company like Wix for your site.
- Titles under the ‘Contact’ section on the homepage look a bit blurry in Chrome.
- You have a lot of different services listed, but I can’t find which ones your good at or specialise in. You could link up testimonials or case studies to your services to give a more seamless experience when going between the two.
- The ‘Show more’ link under the portfolio could do with enlarging.
- The get in touch button below the portfolio is grey then hovers to green. It should be more prominent. I would switch the states around.
- The animated work tile is very distracting.
Web designer & developer at graphicscove.com. Need somebody to help manage your site or have a new project? Get in touch via my website. Get a small discount when you mention startups.co.uk!September 7, 2017 at 6:13 pm #174602
Thanks so much for the feedback – incredibly useful. We’ve made as many changes as we can but, as you say, platforms such as Wix unfortunately have their limitations.
We’re working on new case studies at the moment so we’ll certainly look to add these to the site and improve their discoverability/linking to the services section.
MainsailSeptember 8, 2017 at 4:30 pm #174636
Just a small thing, but on the home page the “More On Our Approach” button goes from Grey to Green when you hover over it, whilst all the other buttons go from Green to White.
In terms of your copy, it can sometimes be difficult to read. There’s a lot of long words there that, whilst sounding professional, actually makes it quite hard to read. Consider looking at the longer sentences and finding ways to break them down.
There are websites available that can help you with making your copy easier to read, like Hemingway.
Founder of Coluga Digital If you would like help with your online marketing, simply drop me an email at email@example.comSeptember 12, 2017 at 8:42 pm #174758
Nice to see you have some work to show and the quality looks good.
The POETON INDUSTRIES case study ‘View’ button just takes me to the homepage and does not link me to the case study.
‘About’ in the header menu also takes me to the homepage.
On your services page I would be dropping some testimonials or linking to the Poeton case study just to add a little more proof in your work.
Would be really nice to see some more printed work in the Poeton case study. Try to talk about ROI if you have any stats from the client (i know it can be hard to obtain)