Meet the supplier: Aardvark Accounting
Starting a business in the South East of England? Find out more about this local accountancy firm which offers "an accounting package tailored to you"...
Name: Louisa Drewett
Company: Aardvark Accounting
Address: 11 Laurel Lane, St. Leonard’s, Ringwood, Hampshire. BH24 2LR
Key services: Accounts, tax returns, online accountant, payroll, VAT, business support and advice
Founded in: 2016
Who are you?
Aardvark Accounting was set up as a fixed fee accounting provider and, whether you are new to being in business or an old hand, we have an accounting package that will be right for you, plus you’ll get to choose the exact service you want.
Tell us about your firm. What makes you different from the rest?
We’ll give you one point of contact and we’ll be here to answer any questions in a flash! With the best value in the UK for a personal service, no tie-in periods and an accounting package tailored to you.
Alongside the personal service, you’ll have access to market leading software. This will mean that you have everything you’ll need at your fingertips, which you can even complete on the move with a handy mobile app.
Who are the key members of your team?
Louisa Drewett – who has been working in accountancy for over 10 years, specifically with contractors and small businesses:
“I will go the extra mile to make sure you are on the right track and get to understand what you want to get out of your business.”
What size of business do you work with best?
Small businesses; both limited companies and sole traders, plus any individual that is required to file a personal self-assessment tax return.
What services do businesses use you for most?
Only pay for services that you need. Pay a low fixed fee throughout the year, then either add-on services if you want them all year-round or ad-hoc when you need them.
As part of the monthly service, we include the following:
- Free company incorporation
- Access to marketing leading software
- Bank account set up
- Tax registrations
- Companies House and HMRC accounts
- CT600 and computation
- Tax planning advice or IR35 deemed salary calculations
- Unlimited accountancy and tax support
- Expert IR35 advice
- Monthly payroll and RTI submissions
- VAT submissions
- Annual confirmation statement
- Wealth management review
Plus, additional services which can be added on to suit your needs, such as:
- Tax investigation service
- Personal tax return
- Registered office and service address
- IR35 written contract review
- Monthly CIS returns for subcontractors
How much of what you do could businesses do for themselves?
A small business could do this all by themselves if they wish. But in our opinion, you should focus on what you do best. Therefore don’t make “aard” work of it. We’ll make sure to provide you with market leading software to reduce the burden of your accounting responsibilities, so it’s easy and saving you time. And you’ll be able to rely on us to keep you on the right track.
Give us three common problems/scenarios that your firm solves – and what you do:
1. Time to manage accounts as well as running a business. We’ll provide access to a marketing leading online software system which will allow you to access your accounting 24/7, anywhere and on any device.
2. Understanding where you are with your finances. We won’t use complicated language or scare tactics. We’ll speak in a plain manner so you feel comfortable you know where you stand every step of the way.
3. Helping new businesses. At the beginning it’s always an unnerving time of not knowing what to do, if you are doing it right, what else can you claim and sometimes you need someone just to reassure you. We’re experienced in helping you start up a business, listening to what you want to get from this and making sure you’re reaching your goals.
Are you expensive? Tell us more about your pricing structure:
We are competitively priced however we strive on providing personal service for the best value!
With prices of: £59 + VAT per month for small businesses and £99 + VAT for personal self-assessment returns. All with options of building the package that is right for you.