A new equity crowdfunding platform for UK robotics start-ups has launched
Created by Britbots, each business listed on Britbots CROWD will accept a minimum investment amount of £200 and will receive active mentoring
A new equity crowdfunding platform for UK start-ups that develop robotics has been launched.
Dubbed a “world’s first”, Britbots CROWD – created by Britbots – will give private investors the opportunity to build up a personal share-portfolio of some of the UK’s “most exciting” tech start-ups.
Each business featured will accept a minimum investment amount of £200, putting its shares well within the reach of mainstream investors – as well as benefiting from active mentoring and business development support from Britbots.
Many of the companies listed have already been backed by the British Robotics Seed Fund which raised in excess of £500,000 in its first fund, and will announce the opening of its second fund later this autumn.
Featured businesses include:
- Zoa Robotics: A low-cost robotics platform that allows for the transportation of materials around uneven environments, using four-legged robots.
- Botskill: Enables brands to take their first steps in using bots to handle routine customer enquiries.
- Tethered Done Technologies: Provides autonomous tethered drone systems, flying near-continuously for use in semi-permanent surveillance and communications scenarios.
- Redbeard: A software company that aims to make it easier to design and build user interface apps for smartphones to remotely control robots and other systems at a distance.
- Future Technology Resources: Provides tools to help teachers teach computer programming in a practical and fun way
Dominic Keen, founder of Britbots, said:
“Whilst talking to investors about the British Robotics Seed Fund we realised that there was a broad appetite amongst investors to include some high-potential robotics businesses in their portfolio on a discretionary basis without necessarily going down the fund route.
“Hence we are delighted to have launched Britbots CROWD, the world’s only dedicated equity crowd-funding platform for robotics companies, giving investors direct access to this exciting class of investments for the first time.”
Thiago Azevedo, CEO of ZOA Robotics, said:
“I’m pleased to be working with Britbots CROWD to source new investors for our current funding round.
“It can be difficult to identify investors who are specifically interested in robotics companies when using other equity crowdfunding platforms and so I’m confident that Britbots CROWD will do a good job in filling this niche.”