UK’s leading supplier of window shutters and blinds offering candidates a fantastic opportunity to set up and run their own highly profitable business
Shuttercraft is the UK’s leading supplier of premium quality, made-to-measure, interior window shutters and blinds, offering candidates a fantastic opportunity to set up and run their own highly profitable shutter business and capitalise on the growth of the market.
Shuttercraft provides its franchisees with a very high level of support from product training and technical support to sales, marketing and business growth. There is an in-house marketing support team including a marketing manager, search engine optimisation manager and marketing executive providing franchisees with comprehensive marketing support including website SEO, paid search advertising management, advertising and flyer templates.
Shuttercraft has 15 trading franchisees across the country (September 2015) and has experienced incredible growth since starting franchising. Shuttercraft has a strong presence in the South West, South East and Yorkshire and is particularly keen to hear from candidates in the North East, Midlands and Kent to fill gaps in its UK coverage before promoting the brand to consumers nationally.
The perfect franchisee
Key things the company looks for include:
- Practical skills and some technical ability due to the technical nature of the product.
- IT literate due to the systems used to raise quotes and place orders, communicate with customers and run your business efficiently.
- Good with people, a good communicator and comfortable making sales in a business with a consumer environment.
- Driven, ambitious and motivated.
Shuttercraft will provide you with roughly 30-40% of your leads through your website but you’ll need to generate the rest and therefore you need to be proactive and not reactive.
Franchisees operate from home and a van in order to keep operational costs down. Shuttercraft’s business model will help franchisees turnover £500,000 in year five and very profitably by operating a cash positive business with high profit margins and low operating costs. It is very much a full-time business to get it off the ground but due to profit margins and growth, franchisees can look to take on fitters or sales people to take responsibilities off the owner once the business is established.
Shuttercraft offers candidates two options to choose from. Option one is a man and van package that costs £17,950 (plus VAT you will be able to claim back). Option two is a management franchise that costs from £35,000 and includes an area two to three times the size of a standard territory.
The low cost franchise package includes:
- Unique territory with demographic mapping
- Trade mark protection
- Franchise five year exclusive agreement
- Bespoke business CRM software system
- Access to online quoting and ordering system
- Two days induction training at head office
- 10 days on-the-road fitting excellence training
- Promotional flyers
- Corporate brochures
- Branded clothing (polo shirts & fleeces)
- Local business launch (£3,000 spent on press advertising and Google paid search)
- Spares toolbox