8 tech start-ups set to compete at TechPitch 4.5 event
51Degrees CEO James Rosewell announced as keynote speaker for start-up pitch event
Details have been announced for the latest TechPitch 4.5 event in London, a one-day pitching competition designed to showcase the latest disruptive tech start-ups.
Set to take place on Wednesday 1 October, James Rosewell, serial entrepreneur and founder of mobile web developer 51Degrees, will deliver the event’s keynote speech – focusing on overlooked but important factors in the success of a start-up.
Several tech businesses are also set to pitch at the event, giving them the opportunity to showcase their proposition to potential investors and receive “constructive feedback” from the event’s judging panel.
The pitching start-ups will be:
- Betify – Mobile app to challenge friends and followers
- Callective – Anonymous online phone calls
- Digital Mums – Service which retrains out-of-work mums to become social media managers
- MyMakeAndPlay – e-learning design and technology platform for children
- Payfriendz – Mobile app for transferring money between friends
- Swytch – cloud-based network allowing phone users to add additional personal UK mobile numbers
- TrackMeo – platform to help people with cardiovascular conditions manage their health
- Twile – Family tree web app
Tickets for the event are available here and will cost £27.50 for start-ups and £39.50 for other attendees.