UK’s best franchising entrepreneurs announced for bfa Awards shortlist
20 finalists from brands such as Bright & Beautiful, Driver Hire and Little Kickers nominated for bfa HSBC Franchisee of the Year Awards 2015
20 of Britain’s “best” franchisees have been announced as finalists for the bfa HSBC Franchisee of the Year Awards 2015.
Recognised for demonstrating the “highest standards” in franchising, the shortlist inlcudes franchisees from domestic cleaning chain Bright & Beautiful, logistics franchise Driver Hire and kids sports chain Little Kickers.
The finalists of the awards, sponsored by Express Newspapers, have been nominated across six categories and each category winner will receive £1,000 while the overall winner will receive £10,000 prize money.
The 20 franchising entrepreneurs will present to a judging panel of industry experts on July 15 and 16, with winners announced on Thursday 1 October at Birmingham Town Hall:
Female Franchisee of the Year
- Shweta Jhajharia, ActionCoach London
- Faye McDonough, Bright & Beautiful Altrincham
- Sarah McLean, McDonald’s Nuneaton & surroundings
- Carolyn Sharpe, Puddle Ducks Newcastle upon Tyne
Young Franchisee of the Year (aged 30 or under)
- Tim Harris, Anytime Fitness Welwyn Garden City
- Richard Swayne, Snap-on Tools Dartford
- Dan Wade, WPA Healthcare East Sussex
Microbusiness Franchisee of the Year (less than £100,000 turnover)
Building a website for your business idea is easier than you might think. Our online tool ranks the top website builders that offer free trials.
- Paul Stokes, Little Kickers Hitchin & Bedford
- Les Graves, TruGreen South Bedfordshire
- Adrian Steel, Wilkins Chimney Sweep North Hampshire
Customer Service Franchisee of the Year
- Nic Chaviaris, Driver Hire Gatwick
- Noel Gallacher, Dyno Plumbing Scotland
- Amy & Philip Kennedy, Home Instead Senior Care Peterborough
- Steve Roberts, O2 North West
B2B Franchisee of the Year
- Kevin Preston, Drain Doctor North West
- Lee Brimecombe & Paul Nebbett, in-toto kitchens Exeter
- Lee Eaton, Signs Express Manchester
Olderpreneur Franchisee of the Year (aged 55 or older)
- Mike Guerin, McDonald’s Bristol & surroundings
- Sue Caulfield, Metro Rod Oxon & West Bucks
- Fran Maclean, Pitman Training Edinburgh & Glasgow
The bfa’s Cathryn Hayes commented: “This is welcome recognition of outstanding business people who have harnessed the support found in ethical franchising to achieve their self-employment goals.
“Our finalists have already demonstrated the difference they’re making in their communities across the UK, from northern Scotland to the south coast, and we look forward to hearing more from them at what is certain to be an extremely difficult judging process to find our winners.”