UKTI to host series of events to help British firms tap into overseas markets
Programme of exports seminars and networking sessions to run as part of International Festival for Business
UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) is to run a series of events throughout the summer to help British businesses boost trade overseas, as part of upcoming enterprise showcase; the International Festival for Business (IFB).
Focused on increasing exports in key markets including China, Japan, India and Europe, the events will include keynote speeches from business leaders and will look to connect British businesses with potential overseas partners and customers.
UKTI, an official IFB partner, will be hosting the “one-off” export events in Liverpool throughout June and July at the IFB Hub, the “nerve centre” for the festival, which will include:
- UKTI Market Event: Africa, 11 June 2014, IFB Hub
- UKTI Market Event: Latin America, 12 June 2014, IFB Hub
- UKTI Market Event: Benelux & Europe, 19 June 2014, IFB Hub
- UKTI Market Event: SE Asia, 24 June 2014, IFB Hub
- UKTI Market Event: USA, 26 June 2014, IFB Hub
- UKTI Market Event: China & Hong Kong, 4 July 2014, IFB Hub
- UKTI Market Event: Japan & South Korea, 7 July, Langtree Park, St Helens
- UKTI Market Event: India, 10 July 2014, IFB Hub
There will also be additional conferences and events to help businesses “make international connections” such as:
- Africa Rising – 10-12 June: A high-profile conference that provides a platform for African businesses and countries, Africa Rising will act as a route into the continent’s fast-growth economy.
- International Trade Expo – 10-11 June: Aiming to attract upwards of 3,000 delegates, the event will target SMEs looking to export and help them reach their high-growth potential by connecting them with emerging markets.
- Horasis’ Global India Business Meeting – 22-23 June: Described as an Indian Davos, the Global India Business Meeting is the foremost annual gathering of Indian business leaders and their global counterparts.
- The Power of the Global Network – 15-16 July: A two-day conference with breakout sessions and a gala dinner that connects businesses across a range of sectors to stimulate the growth in UK exports.
UKTI acting chief executive, Crispin Simon, said: “IFB is an excellent opportunity for UK businesses to find new international customers and boost British exports and I am delighted that UKTI is taking part.
“UK products and expertise are in demand the world over and UKTI stands ready to offer the services that businesses need to help them thrive abroad.”
Max Steinberg CBE, IFB chair, continue:
“To achieve the government’s target of doubling UK exports by 2020 it is essential that our businesses are given the right opportunities to go global.
“I’m confident we are providing businesses nationwide with the right access to markets which will help them drive economic growth and to forge long-lasting connections.”