William Hill announces finalists for industry-first start-up accelerator
Five start-ups have been chosen to receive £25,000 and three months of mentoring as part of firm's WHLabs initiative
Betting firm William Hill has revealed the five international finalists to join its technology accelerator programme; said to be the first programme of its kind for the betting industry.
In partnership with L Marks, the five start-ups will each receive £25,000 funding and three months of mentoring at the company’s tech development hubs WHLabs in Shoreditch and Tel Aviv to develop their ideas for delivering in-store, online or omni-channel customer experiences.
The overall winner, to be announced at a showcase dinner in London on 11 January, will secure a further £150,000 investment.
Selected from more than 250 applications worldwide, the five finalists are:
- Asylum Labs – US-based developers of Wild Part Bingo which uses ‘ArcLight’ technology to allow for full interoperability of simultaneous interactions between users
- BetGame – UK-based company that connects communities of online gamers, e-sports fans and friends
- Skillzgaming – Tel Aviv-based developer of games to “connect the experience of casual games and the thrill of luck”
- Streetlike – UK-based company that develops rewards software for touchscreen digital signage
- Winkapp – Builds technology that connects the offline and online world for users
Crispin Nieboer, William Hill’s director of corporate development and innovation, commented: “As an industry-first initiative, the interest in the accelerator programme has been outstanding.
“The finalists were chosen based on their potential to deliver the biggest advances in the customer experience in the gambling industry, and we will be supporting the start-ups through strategic relationships, personal mentoring and access to William Hill’s APIs. We’re looking forward to working closely with all of the finalists to create products that can truly disrupt the market.”