How to enter
Here's how you can enter The Start-Up Series competitions...
Entries for each month’s competition open on the 1st of the month and close on the 14th of the month.
- The application form will not be live outside of the competition window.
- You can still register your basic information when the application form is not live to be reminded when the next competition window is active.
- There will be 12 competitions in total.
The Start-Up Series is for early stage consumer businesses: creating a new product or service, or new ways to buy them.
The owners would want to receive funding from investors in exchange for equity in their business. And because the fund will be for SEIS investments the business needs to satisfy some criteria set by HMRC:
- You must be a UK resident and run a UK-based business.
- You must be over 18 years-old at the time of entry.
- Your business must have been trading for less than 21 months and have no more than £200,000 in gross assets (so as to qualify for SEIS funding).
- You must employ no more than 25 staff.
- Certain financial services and property businesses are unlikely to qualify.
- Register your basic information on The Start-Up Series website.
- When the competition window is open, you will be directed to the competition application form and asked for either a two minute video or a two page document describing your business (it’s as easy as that).
- If you are successful after the first stage, you will be asked to provide more detailed information about you and the plans for your business.
- If you reach the final of the competition you will be invited to a half-day face to face consultation with the Worth Capital team in London – a valuable chance to stress test your idea and plans.