How to start an antiques business
Could an antiques shop be your dream business? We look at what it takes to become a successful antiques seller...
- What does selling antiques involve?
- Who is antique selling suited to?
- Setting up an antiques shop or business
- How much does it cost to set up an antiques business?
- Tips for successful antique selling
- Useful contacts in the antiques’ world
- Test your business idea (opens in a new tab)
- Register a company (opens in a new tab)
- Apply for a business loan (opens in a new tab)
Useful contacts in the antiques world
LAPADA The Association of Art and Antique Dealers www.lapada.co.uk
Action point: A point-of-sale system or software could be useful. See how we can help here
Action point: Need a loan to start a business of your own? See how we can help here and here
BADA British Antique Dealers’ Association www.bada.org
BAFRA The British Antique Furniture Restorers’ Association www.bafra.org.uk
Thames Valley Antique Dealers’ Association Represents antiques and fine art dealers in the Thames Valley area www.tvada.co.uk