How to enter
Here's how you can enter the Startups Awards...
Sorry, entries are now closed for Startups Awards 2013
1. Entries open 15 July 2013
- Request an entry pack
- Once you complete the form you will get an email with a link to download the entry form.
2. Think about which categories you would like to enter:
- Please note you are permitted to enter more than one category for the one off entry administration fee of £45 plus VAT.
3. To fill in your form:
- Start with just the highlighted sections of ‘Section 1 – Business information’ and select which categories you wish to enter. You can view the categories here
- Complete ‘Section 2 – Questions’. There are five areas to be completed in full.
- The five questions will be:
- Demonstration of originality: What is unique about your business? Have you changed industry practices, produced innovative products or services or found a new route to market?
- Evidence of success: Please provide evidence of achievement in excess of targets. Has revenue / profit / market share exceeded expected levels? What proof is there of strong customer satisfaction? Have you made a major impact on your sector or local community?
- Inside your business: What working practices have driven the success of your business? Do you have any innovative technology solutions? Are you a great company to work for?
- Demonstration of sustainability: If your business is not already making a profit, please tell us when you expect it to become profitable. Here we require information to be comfortable that you will be able to raise enough money to continue in business long enough to get to that sustainable point. How much money have you already raised? Have your current investors, if any, suggested that they will invest again if needed? When will you become cash flow positive?
- Why should you win this category? Tell us why you stand out in the category or categories you are entering. Based on the criteria outlined earlier in this document, please provide examples and data to back up your claims.
- Please keep your answers to 450 words maximum per question.
- Should you decide to enter multiple categories please complete ‘Section 2 – Questions’ for each category you wish to enter. This will let you tailor your answers to the specific category
- When filling in this form please take care to fill in and select all relevant boxes. Once completed you will need to email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please also email us your company logo and a photo of your main public contact (such as your founder or MD/CEO); these must both be high resolution (at least 300 dpi, or “print quality”)
4. Make payment:
- Please make your one-off entry fee of £45 plus VAT online here. Please note that we can’t process your entry form until we have received payment. Please read the refund policy on our FAQ page.
5. You are welcome to send us press reviews, promotional material, product samples and any other relevant supporting material that you believe will enhance your submission. We will not be able to return these. You can email them to the address above, or send them to: Startups Awards, The Tramshed, Walcot Street, Bath BA1 5BB.
6. To complete your entry please also email your company logo and picture, (description above). This will only be used on our website and marketing materials should you go forward as a finalist and/or winner.
7. You have the option to include a film up to two minutes long on ‘Why you should win the Startups Awards’, to enhance your entry. Judges enjoy these videos and it could increase your chances of winning. Please visit Vimeo.com to upload your video then send to email@example.com.
8. The deadline for entries is 27 September 2013.
1. Our panel of experts will judge entries and a shortlist of three businesses per category will be drawn up and notified by 24 October 2013.
2. The winner of each category will be announced and presented with their award at the ceremony and luncheon on 6 December 2013.
To be eligible to enter all companies must:
- Have started to trade no earlier than 1 August 2010 and no later than 31 July 2013.
- Be ‘independently owned’. This defined as a business which is substantially owned by its founders and/or a group of independent investors; is not quoted on AIM or any other stock market; and is not a subsidiary or associated company of another business.
- Be UK based.
1. The awards will be administered by Crimson Startups Limited. 2. Crimson Startups Ltd will appoint a judging panel to make an assessment of the entries, and to draw up a shortlist and winner in each category. 3. All category entries and winners will then be reviewed and assessed by the judging panel and an overall winner of the Startups Business of the Year chosen. 4. The judges’ decision is final and binding, no correspondence will be entered into. 5. By entering you agree to supply any additional financial or other information requested. Entrants consent to this information being made available to judges and third parties associated with the awards. 6. The shortlisted companies and winners agree to take part and assist with any promotional activities or PR supporting the awards. 7. The judges have the right to withhold an award in any category, if they feel the entries are not of sufficient merit. 8. The judges may also reallocate an entry to a different category. 9. Shortlisted companies will be notified by email, if you have not heard from us by 24 October 2013 you have not been shortlisted. 10. Closing date for entries is 27 September 2013. Entries received after this date may not be entered into the Awards. Proof of postage will not be accepted as proof of receipt. 11. No responsibility will be taken by Crimson Startups, or any sponsors or companies associated with the awards for delayed, lost or damaged entries. 12. Entries received who do not pay the administration charge before the judging starts may be withdrawn from the awards.