What can we get out of it?
This is your opportunity to get the recognition your company deserves.
- Potential customers, lenders, investors and other stakeholders in your business are more likely to trust companies that have received awards recognition – either through being shortlisted or actually winning an award. It is a mark of credibility in the wider world as you will have been independently judged by high-profile entrepreneurs, investors and industry experts.
- The public relations opportunities available for finalists and winners are excellent. We will work with you to maximise PR opportunities. Winners and finalists will be provided with a logo to use on marketing literature and letterheads and a template press release to maximise media coverage.
- Video interviews of all winners from the awards night will be displayed on the website after the awards dinner. In addition the sponsors may also wish to work with companies to create media relationships and partnerships.
- You will also receive brand awareness amongst the business community and be associated with the values and good reputation of the Startups brand.
- Above all it’s a great chance to celebrate your successes and milestones with your team, ensuring you all receive the recognition your hard work deserves.
- You have the opportunity to attend the Startups Awards ceremony on November 21 2018 which provides you with the unique opportunity to mix and mingle with other start-ups and entrepreneurs, business journalists and industry leaders.
What criteria do we need to meet?
For every category the judges are looking for a great business.
Great businesses with excellent potential will always rank more highly in the final reckoning. This will be based on revenue growth, profitability, and major client wins.
To be eligible to enter all companies must:
- Have started to trade no earlier than 1 August 2014 and no later than 31 July 2017.
- Be ‘independently owned’. This defined as a business which is substantially owned by its founders and/or a group of independent investors; is not quoted on AIM or any other stock market; and is not a subsidiary or associated company of another business.
- Be UK based.
When is the entry deadline?
You need to submit your entry by Friday September 21. You have until midnight and if you have any questions or problems entering can email firstname.lastname@example.org
How many awards are there?
You can enter for 13 awards covering every business area. Winners of these awards categories will be recognised as particularly strong in that area of business. In addition, there is a People’s Champion Award and The Start Up Loans Company Start-up of the Year Award, both of which cannot be applied for directly.
How will I know if I have been successful?
You will be contacted by email and/or telephone by our events team. Finalists will also be listed on the website. We are unable to contact all our entrants.
If I am shortlisted – what happens next?
Should you make it to the shortlisted stage, we may need to contact you regarding your entry and ask some additional questions. You will need to be available on judging day which is the Wednesday 10 October, ideally the founder of the company (if not, a senior person) should answer the questions.
We will also ask you for your official company information, logo and picture for the website and marketing material, and you will be invited to the Startups Awards ceremony taking place on Thursday 21 November 2018.
How much does it cost?
We apply a one-off administration fee to cover costs of preparation and to contribute towards the cost of judging which is £50 plus VAT. Winners of the individual categories are automatically entered into The Start Up Loans Company Start-Up of the Year. The judges decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into before or after the judging.
You can enter as many categories as you like for the £50 entry fee.
If you’re a Start Up Loan recipient then it’s free for you to enter the Startups Awards 2018 using this dedicated entry form.
You have the right to withdraw your entry and receive a full refund within seven days of purchase. You will need to email confirmation of your withdrawal to email@example.com. Upon cancellation your payment will be refunded to the card with which you paid within 14 days and your entry will no longer be valid.
Where and when are the Startups Awards being held?
- November 21 2018, evening
- Royal Garden Hotel, London hosted by Oli Barrett MBE