Holly Tucker MBE
Founder and chief inspirator, notonthehighstreet.com
Holly Tucker MBE is co-founder and president of award-winning online marketplace notonthehighstreet.com, the most successful retail platform for 5,000 curated creative and entrepreneurial small businesses, collectively offering more than 200,000 original and innovative products.
Founded in 2006, the company has seen rapid growth, from £100,000 turnover in its first year of trading to an eye-watering £83m turnover in 2013 and a 200-strong team based in Richmond, which Holly likes to refer to as ‘Silicon-upon-Thames’.
Holly’s dedication to business has been duly recognised through a number of award wins over the years, including:
- Media Momentum Women of the Year
- ECMOD Business Excellence Awards
- Entrepreneurial Woman of the Future Award
- Specsavers Everywoman in Retail Entrepreneur of The Year Award
- Management Today 35 Women Under 35 Award
- Young Guns Golden Gun Award
- Startups Awards Women in Business Award 2008
Most recent and notable awards achieved include:
- The Google Award for Women in Digital at the Digital Masters Awards, 2014
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2014 London & South Region winner, scooping up a subsequent award at the UK finals for Consumer Products & Services
Holly is regularly invited to speak at business, digital, design and entrepreneurial events, and is passionate about giving inspirational and imaginative advice to start-ups.
Holly’s commitment to supporting such entrepreneurial individuals and game-changer start-ups saw her publish her first book with co-founder Sophie Cornish, Build A Business From Your Kitchen Table in July 2012, which topped the Amazon and Sunday Times Business bestseller charts. Their brutally honest follow-up book, Shape Up Your Business, published in July 2014, has achieved equal success.
In recognition of her contribution to business, Holly was awarded an MBE for services to small businesses and enterprise as part of Her Majesty The Queen’s Birthday Honours List in 2013.