How to start a car valeting business
If you’re passionate about cars, have strong attention to detail and excellent customer service skills, a car valet business could be for you…
Starting a car valet business: Tips and useful contacts
What is a car valeting business and who is it suited to?
Creating a car valeting business plan
Car valeting rules and regulations
How much does it cost to start a car valeting business?
How much can you earn running a car valeting business?
Tips and useful contacts
- To succeed in car valeting, a passion for cars is a must, as well as an eye for detail excellent customer service skills
- The industry relies heavily on word of mouth – carry out consistently high quality work to build your reputation
- A priority before you start your business: Contact your local water company about trade effluent and what this will mean for your business
- Get the best tools for your budget, not the most expensive or the cheapest on offer – Don’t dismiss second hand equipment.
- You’ll need to be active to get the word out about your business, use leafleting and drop door marketing to raise your profile in the local area.
- Professional Valeters & Detailers: The UK’s largest trade association for professional valeters and detailers
- Car Wash Advisory Service (CWAS): An organisation that promotes best practice within the car wash industry
- Coversure Insurance Services: Specialist car insurance cover for valeters and detailers