How to start a clothing line
A business for the creatively inclined, learn what it takes to become a fashion entrepreneur here
- Creating a clothing line business plan
- Clothing line rules and regulations
- How much does it cost to start your own clothing line?
- Clothing line useful contacts
- Register your clothing brand name with our preferred company formation agent (external site, opens in new tab)
- See if you can get a Start Up Loan to help you start a clothing business idea (external site, opens in new tab)
Clothing line useful contacts
- ASOS Marketplace – open a boutique: A useful option for first-time fashion designers looking to reach a wide audience. Subscription is £20 per month and the site takes a 20% commission on sales.
- British Fashion Council: Industry body for fashion designers in the UK. Has various investment funds available for designers and organises major events such as London Fashion Week.
- Fashion Association of Britain: UK trade association targeted at independent fashion retailers. Operates training courses for fashion retailers.
- UKFT: Industry body for the UK fashion and textile industry. Members receive access to grants, industry-specific business advice, and more.
- Chartered Society of Designers: The UK professional body for designers.
- ASCBI: The association of suppliers to the British clothing industry. A useful resource for sourcing suppliers and raw materials.
- Sustainable Designers: Organisation that works to promote sustainable practice in the UK fashion industry. Provides training courses for fashion designers.