Best Android phones for business
Whether you’re new to Android phones or are looking to upgrade, discover our guide to the top Android devices for business use here
Android phones are smartphones that run the Android operating system (OS), which is owned by Google. While the specific system belongs to Google, devices that use the Android OS are made by a number of different companies, such as Samsung, Huawei or Sony.
As of March 2019, Android mobile operating systems had a 49.9% market share in the UK, according to data published by Statista.
While you may be aware of Android phones in general, we’ll take a detailed look at using Androids for business. What is an Android phone, and what can it offer your business? What are some of the top devices out there? What are the price points for the varying deals?
We’ll answer these key questions to help you decide if Android phones are right for your business.
In this article, we’ll cover:
Skip to the section that you want to learn about the most by following the relevant links above. Or, read the whole article for a more in-depth guide to using Android phones for business.
1. Android for business
Some of the main features and functions of Android phones include:
- Customisation – as Android phones use open source software, it’s possible to make changes to the interface easily
- Affordability – Android phones are available across the price spectrum, from budget models to premium devices
- Variety – as a number of brands make devices that support the Android system, there’s a wide range of makes to choose from
So what does this mean for businesses?
Android’s flexibility in terms of customising the interface means that if there’s a particular type of software you need to run on your business phone, an Android OS is more likely to offer you the freedom your business needs to do this.
Plus, with the option of Android Enterprise available, your developer (or you, if you have the technical know-how) can use the tools provided in the program to combine Android into your business’ mobile management solutions.
Whether you’re just starting out, or your business is more established, costs are likely to be a key concern. There are Android devices available across the price points, suitable for those looking for a cost-effective smartphone through to businesses with more funds to spend on devices.
By choosing Android phones for your business, you can access a range of devices from a number of different providers. In addition to those listed at the start of the article, other popular manufacturers include Sony and OnePlus, as well as devices providers like Nokia and Honor.
2. Best Androids
Are you looking for the best Android phone money can buy? Or does your business need a functional device at an affordable price point? Perhaps you need certain features – like camera quality or battery life.
Whatever the requirements for your business are, we’ve done the research and selected three of the top Android phones – read on to discover our choices…
Samsung Galaxy Note9
Frequently described as one of the best phones for business, the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 has all the functions you’d need from a device, and more.
This includes its battery life and storage capabilities, as well as its size and stylus which help to make it seem like more than a standard smartphone.
- 4,000 mAh battery
- 128GB or 512GB storage, with a microSD card
- Water-carbon cooling system
- AI-based performance adjuster
- Infinity Display
- S Pen with Bluetooth capability
- Desktop function possible with Samsung DeX via an HDMI adapter (available separately)
- Wireless charging available (with extra accessories)
- Front and rear cameras
- 4K video recording
Google Pixel 3
The Google Pixel 3 is a great all-round smartphone, offering the apps and functions that many business owners are already familiar with, such as Gmail and Google Maps.
With Google Assistant activated via voice or squeeze, the Google Pixel 3 can help you with many of your business’ needs. The free, and unlimited, online photo storage provided by Google, along with the custom security protection, are pluses too.
- 12.2 MP dual-pixel camera – Top Shot function for the optium image, Night Sight for nighttime images
- Unlimited photo storage with Google Photos
- Smart battery featuring quick charging times, Adaptive Battery function and wireless charging capability
- Google Assistant, activated by squeeze or voice
- Digital well-being function to monitor phone usage
- Titan M chip offering custom security protection
- 5.5-inch display
- Android 9 Pie OS
The OnePlus 6 is an ideal choice for entrepreneurs looking for a cost-effective smartphone, and we think it’s one of the best budget Android phones on the market today.
Featuring fast load times and a 19:9 display, the OnePlus 6 is great for getting things done quickly and easily. Plus, it offers high resolution camera functions and a sleek design.
- Dual cameras (16MP and 20MP), with Optical Image Stabilisation
- Dust, splash and water resistant
- Works with Bullets Wireless earbuds to listen to audio
- 6.28-inch display
- 256GB storage
- Up to 8GB RAM
- Fingerprint and face unlock options
- Bluetooth, NFC and wifi connectivity
Click here to discover more Android phones.
3. Best Android deals
Once you’ve decided on the best Android phone for your business, it’s time to choose a plan. Here we outline the deals that stood out to us.
Sky – Samsung Galaxy Note9
Sky are offering the Samsung Galaxy Note9 (128GB storage) for £40 a month, on a 30-month contract. Sky offers:
- £0 upfront cost
- £40 per month for the phone and plan package
- £30 per month for the phone
- £10 per month for the plan
- Plan includes 8GB data and unlimited calls and texts
- Unlimited streaming for Sky TV customers is included
- Option to upgrade device after 24 months with the Swap24 feature
- 30-month contract length
Carphone Warehouse, EE – Google Pixel 3
The Carphone Warehouse are offering the Google Pixel 3 on an EE network for £36 per month, plus a £29.99 upfront cost on a 24-month contract. So what do you get for this price?
- 30 GB data
- Unlimited minutes and texts
- Three months minimum of BT Sport
- Apple Music for six months
- EE network, offering the fastest 4G coverage in the UK
- 24-month contract
- £36 per month
- £29.99 upfront cost
O2 – OnePlus 6
You can get a OnePlus 6 64GB on O2 for £39.34 per month, with a £30 upfront cost. The 24-month contract length includes:
- 5GB data
- Unlimited minutes and texts
- 4G ready
- £30 upfront cost
- 24-month contract
- O2 network
Click here to discover more Android deals.
What are the next steps?
From reading this article, you’ve gained a more detailed understanding about the range of Android phones available on the market, with a focus on those that are best suited to business use. We’ve profiled some of the best Android phones, as well as highlighting the deals that stood out to us.
Next, you can visit our business mobiles channel for more related content. Alternatively, if you’re ready to discover the Android phones and devices available now, click the links above to be taken to purchase options.
Interested in finding pay-monthly business mobiles? Vodafone offers a huge range of options – visit their site now to find out more.