5 of the best vehicle tracking systems for small businesses
Looking for a vehicle tracking supplier to monitor and manage your business’ fleet? These are five of the best in the UK today...
Whether you operate a courier and delivery start-up or a service business that sends professionals out on jobs, there are plenty of reasons to track your business’ vehicles.
It’s not just a case of having a GPS tracking device installed in each of your cars, bikes or vans and checking up on their location every now and then.
These days, vehicle tracking suppliers can provide in-depth information about your business’ operations; from real-time data on your driver’s speeds, idling times and ETAs to information about your fuel costs and consumption, calculations of the most efficient routes and records of past trips.
But with so many vehicle tracking suppliers available, the process of working out which might bring the biggest benefits to your business can seem daunting.
Fortunately, we’ve examined five of the best vehicle tracking suppliers so that you don’t have to.
In this article, we’ll cover:
Verizon Connect packages and pricing
Verizon Connect charges a monthly fixed fee for each vehicle you’re tracking. The cost for using both Verizon Connect software and hardware – i.e., the GPS trackers – is included in this monthly charge.
To find out how much Verizon Connect might cost for your business, you can request a custom quote which will be based on the size of your business and its needs.
However, you can expect the price to be in the region of £22 to £42 per vehicle per month. Though this is slightly above the standard price range for vehicle tracking, it’s reflective of Verizon Connect’s advanced features.
Remember: Verizon Connect offers a free live demo, so you can try before you buy.
Verizon Connect: Standout features
- Driver management: Smart driver ID means you can keep an eye on the progress of each of your drivers even when they drive multiple vehicles. Drivers can also join leaderboards which show them how their driving compares to their colleagues’ – healthy competition is an excellent motivator!
- Data trend analysis: Verizon Connect sorts current and historical data into easy-to-digest charts on your dashboards, revealing key trends in the way your fleet works over time and helping you visualise your progress towards performance KPIs.
Verizon Connect verdict: Is it for me?
Verizon Connect could be the ideal vehicle tracking solution for your business if:
You want a supplier with a longstanding reputation and expertise. The result of a merger between three high-standard platforms – Verizon Telematics, Fleetmatics and Telogis – Verizon Connect collates a wide range of fleet and workforce management expertise.
You’ll make use of a wide range of features. From route optimisation and scheduling to paperless administration, Verizon Connect boasts a variety of capabilities – fuelled by advanced technology – for your business to explore and implement.
You’d like to cut down on paper-based admin. Verizon Connect enables you to store receipts, invoices and other paperwork electronically – cutting down the time and cost associated with printing, filling in and filing paperwork.
Movolytics packages and pricing
Movolytics charges a fixed monthly fee based on how many vehicles you’re using it to track. Signing up doesn’t require any upfront costs, and you won’t find any hidden charges.
To request a custom quote, you can fill in a form on the Movolytics website – a member of the team will respond to you within 24 hours – or give the team a call.
Movolytics: Standout features
- Automated alerts: Using Movolytics, you can pick and set alerts – both via SMS and email – to keep you abreast of what your drivers are up to. You can choose to receive alerts when they’re idling, speeding, have driven out of boundary or entered a geofenced zone. You can also receive alerts when a vehicle requires maintenance.
- Trip history: Movolytics records journey data so you can check back on it in the future – useful if you ever want to look back on how many journeys were made in a certain period, check that a particular trip was completed on time, or find out where a vehicle was on a certain date.
Movolytics verdict: Is it for me?
Movolytics could be the ideal vehicle tracking supplier for you if…
Your drivers might need to take on urgent journeys at the drop of a hat. Movolytics enables you to locate the closest driver to the job, calculate and send a fuel-efficient route via SMS, then receive an accurate ETA to share immediately with your client.
You’re a fast-growing business. If you need to increase your fleet size, Movolytics’ offering can scale flexibly according to what you need with proportionate prices, enabling you to track new vehicles easily without unexpectedly high fees.
You’re busy. As Movolytics records and stores data about your drivers’ trips, it minimises the need for administrative tasks such as keeping timesheets.
Quartix packages and pricing
One of the more affordable vehicle tracking suppliers, Quartix offers three products: Infopoint, Infoplus and Infofleet, each of which come with varying levels of service.
The below prices are based on a 12-month contract arrangement (though other contract terms are available if you request them):
|Product||Description||Monthly cost (per vehicle)|
|Infopoint||An entry-level package||£13.90|
|Infoplus||All the features of Infopoint, plus live driving alerts and more frequent updates||£15.90|
|Infofleet||All of the above, plus advanced fleet management tools||£19.50|
Infoplus and Infofleet also give you the option to add additional features to your package for an extra cost:
- Fuel card reporting: £1 per vehicle per month
- Panic button: £1 per vehicle per month
- Auxiliary input: £1.50 per vehicle per month
- Diver ID: £1.50 per vehicle per month
Quartix: Standout features
- Live metrics dashboard. Quartix updates your dashboard every one or two minutes (depending on your package), reporting on data such as driver speed, idling, fuel consumption and more in real time.
- Vehicle configuration. Quartix enables you to fill out a range of details for each vehicle, including driver details, MOT, road tax and insurance renewal dates, and vehicle privacy hours to help you stay abreast of each of your motors. You can also group vehicles together for more general reporting.
Quartix verdict: Is it for me?
You should take a look into Quartix’s vehicle tracking solutions if…
You don’t have ample experience in vehicle tracking. Quartix’s interfaces are clean, simple and easy to use, providing straightforward fleet tracking for business owners who don’t have time to learn the nitty gritty of a new process.
You want a cheaper solution. Quartix’s prices are lower than the vehicle tracking supplier standard, so a Quartix package could work well for you if you’re on a budget.
UK Fuels Ltd – Kinesis Telematics
Kinesis Telematics packages and pricing
Kinesis offers flexible pricing with no hidden charges (and no termination or penalty fees if you decide that it isn’t for you). Kinesis offers three plans:
|Plan||Monthly cost (per vehicle)||Price of tracking device||Installation fee|
|The flexible plan||£19.50||Free||£50|
|The purchase plan||£14.50||£70||£50|
Kinesis Telematics: Standout features
- Fuel card data integration. A product supplied by fuel card specialists UK Fuels Ltd, Kinesis says it’s the first vehicle tracking solution to fully integrate fuel card data; meaning its mile per gallon reporting has the potential to be “100% accurate” if you use a UK Fuels Ltd fuel card.
- Driver Performance. This feature measures the amount of times your drivers speed, accelerate harshly, brake harshly and idle, giving each driver a score out of 100 – meaning you can prioritise helping drivers to improve where they need to, thereby reducing fuel consumption and the risk of accidents.
Kinesis Telematics verdict: Is it for me?
UK Fuels Ltd’s Kinesis Telematics could be the ideal option for you if…
Fuel economy is a priority for you. Kinesis is well-optimised for fleet managers who want to keep a close eye on the miles per gallon that their drivers travel at, and use this information to boost fuel efficiency and reduce costs in their organisation.
Your drivers are active in places with heavy traffic. With its Live Map function, Kinesis can identify upcoming congestion and traffic and suggest new routes accordingly.
You want completely transparent pricing. Kinesis’ pricing models are entirely transparent and, importantly, come with no hidden charges or unquoted fees.
RAM (Remote Asset Management) Tracking
RAM Tracking packages and pricing
RAM Tracking can provide you with an instant bespoke price, based on the size of your fleet, if you get in touch to request a quote.
You can do this via RAM Tracking’s website, or give them a call.
RAM Tracking: Standout features
- Interactive training hub. In celebration of its 10-year anniversary, RAM Tracking launched a new interactive login page, featuring a training hub packed with training videos, template documents and answers to FAQs.
- Financial reports. Designed to help you track costs and profits, RAM Tracking can provide you with an overview of how much each job has cost your business, including labour costs and spending on fuel.
RAM Tracking verdict: Is it for me?
You should take a look into RAM Tracking’s vehicle tracking solutions if:
You’re looking for exceptional customer service. RAM Tracking is known for putting its customers first, requesting regular 360 feedback from users to keep improving its product. It has also won multiple awards for its fast and efficient customer service, and doesn’t charge for callouts.
You don’t have time to learn to use complex software. RAM Tracking’s intuitive interface is simple to understand and use from the off – not to mention that the team will be on hand to train you in how to use it.
Data security is a priority for you. RAM Tracking uses Amazon Web Services (AWS), one of the most secure servers out there – so any data your tracking software processes is very likely to be kept safe.
If you’d like some more help with finding the right vehicle tracking supplier for your small business, simply fill in the form at the top of this page to receive tailored quotes from the suppliers that best suit your business’ needs!