How to start an online dating business
With the success of Tinder and match.com, an online dating site may be the perfect match for you
- What is a dating business?
- Is running an online dating company right for you?
- Setting up your dating website
- The rules and regulations of running a dating site
- How much will setting an online dating business cost?
- How much can I earn from running a dating website?
How much will setting up an online dating business cost?
A hosted website will probably have a one-off set up cost, as well as credit card processing fees on each transaction, and a monthly rental fee. Check the details of your web hosting site carefully; many will charge more for the monthly rental fee the more members you have.
In addition to the hosting cost, you’ve also got to think about design fees. Julian says that “for us, the total cost of building the site has been between £3,000 and £4,000, which includes a £1,500 design fee. However we’ve been lucky, in that we’ve had a lot of friends who’ve helped us out.”
You will also have to register your domain name, and, because you’ll be handling data, it’s good practice to join the Register of Data Controllers, which costs £35 per year.