O2 business mobiles
If you’re searching for mobile phones for your business, check out our selection from O2
We are a team of writers, experimenters and researchers providing you with the best advice with zero bias or partiality.This article was co-authored by:
O2 offers mobile network solutions in the UK, and is a part of the Telefónica group, which offers services throughout Europe, as well as in other continents. We’ll detail the devices and packages that are available from O2 for business use.
You may be looking for your first business mobile phone. Or, you may already run a business and are looking to expand its mobile phone use. Whatever your reason for searching for a business mobile, we’ll provide the information you need to know and help you assess if O2 is best suited to your start-up.
In this article, we’ll cover:
Click the links above to go straight to that section, or read the whole article for a more detailed guide to the business mobile phone offering from O2.
1. O2 business mobile plans
O2 offers two plans, which depend upon the number of people in your business:
- Business Essentials (under 10 people)
- Services for medium-sized businesses (10+ people)
So what do you get in each plan?
The Business Essentials plan includes:
- 4G data
- Online account
- Anytime upgrades
- Unlimited calls and texts
- Add devices for expanding businesses
- Access to O2 Recycle – trade in old devices
- Access to business apps – either choose them at the start of the contract, or during (they’re offered on a 30-day rolling contract basis)
O2 offers a payment system that includes two contracts and two bills – one for the device, and the other for the airtime (the amount of data, minutes and texts).
For devices, the contract length is either 24 0r 36 months. If you want to reduce your monthly bill, upfront payments are an option. Or, it’s possible to pay for the device in full, and pay for airtime monthly.
If you opt for more than one device on a single credit agreement, additional conditions are applicable.
To get a Business Essentials plan, follow the steps below:
- Choose devices (up to 10 of the same device plan)
- Arrange payment plan
- Select airtime plan
- Pick apps e.g. Microsoft Office 365, O2 Just Call Me, McAfee, Evernote, Box and Tu|go
For business with more than 10 team members, O2 offers specialist services for medium-sized businesses.
One of the key differences of this is that a dedicated Digital Advisor is provided to help work out the best solutions for your business. They can be contacted via email, phone or social media.
Alternatively, it may be possible to arrange an in-person visit at your premises. The aim of this is to understand your business and its needs, in order to find the services and solutions that would best match its requirements.
What else is available?
- Selection of business apps (as above)
- O2 Mobile Device Management service – for security
- O2 Enterprise Mobility Suite – a virtual desktop
- Just Call Me – conference calling app available for £5 per person per month
Click here to learn more about O2 business mobile plans.
2. O2 business mobile benefits
O2 is an experienced, established brand, and has expertise across small, medium and large, as well as public sector, businesses.
One of the main benefits of business mobiles from O2 is that it separates its business offering based upon each business’ size. O2 categorises a small business as one with 10 or fewer people, while a medium business is classified as those with 10+ team members.
In addition to mobile phones, O2 offer tablets and SIM-only packages, so you can have multiple services and devices from the same provider. Options for using mobile phones internationally are also available.
With its specialist business tariffs, as well as additional services available as bolt-ons and the ability to change apps for every 30 days, O2 offers a flexible and useful mobile service for businesses.
Plus, O2 customers are eligible to join O2 Priority for exclusive rewards. Other special offers include free delivery and UK to EU minutes and texts for phones on 6GB+ tariffs.
Customer service is available via telephone, online chat or face-to-face. You’re also able to access and control your account online.
It offers a recycling service, O2 Recycle, which has recycled two million+ devices and paid out more than £150m for customer trade-ins. It was named the ‘Best Recycling Service’ at the 2017 Mobile Industry Awards.
O2 has won other awards too, including:
- ‘Best Network Coverage’ – uSwitch Mobile Awards 2019 (for the second consecutive year)
- ‘Best Network Performance’ – Mobile News Awards 2019
- Telefónica listed as the ‘most admired telecommunications company in Europe’ by Fortune in 2018 and 2019; second most admired telecommunications company globally
If you’re interested in experiencing the benefits of being an O2 customer, click here to discover its product options.
3. Best phones for O2 business users
In this section, we profile four of the best phones from O2 for business use. The phones were selected based on price, as well as showcasing a range of device types.
Note that prices are based on O2’s recommended 24-month Business Essentials tariff.
Samsung Galaxy A9
The Samsung Galaxy A9 is an ideal choice for small businesses and start-ups looking for an affordable, easy to use device, with the features and functions that are expected from a smartphone.
Price per month – £39.17
- Fingerprint or facial recognition security features
- Quad camera (with 24, 5, 8 and 10 MP cameras)
- Connectivity – Bluetooth, wifi, NFC, 4G
- Up to 70 hours of battery life
- Bixby personal assistant
- Up to 27 hours talktime
- 128GB phone memory
- Dolby Atmos sound
- 6.3 inch screen size
LG G7 ThinQ
For entrepreneurs and freelancers looking for a glossy, space-saving smartphone, the LG G7 ThinQ could be an ideal choice.
Price per month – £41.67
- 6.1 inch screen size with Quad HD+ FullVision display
- Super Bright technology (for working in sunlight)
- Two cameras (16MP front and rear cameras)
- Connectivity – Bluetooth, wifi, NFC, 4G
- Boombox Speaker audio
- 64Gb phone memory
- IP68 splash proof
- Thin design
Sony Xperia XZ3
The Sony Xperia XZ3 offers a HDR OLED screen, 4K HDR video recording and Sony BRAVIA TV technology. So if you need a quality screen and media capacity for your business’ mobile, this device could be the right choice.
Price per month – £46.25
- Up to 23.8 hours battery – Smart Stamina and Qnovo Adaptive Charging and Battery Care
- Connectivity – wifi, NFC, Bluetooth, 4G
- Sony BRAVIA TV technology
- IP65/68 splash/waterproof
- 4K HDR movie recording
- Fingerprint recognition
- 64GB phone memory
- HDR OLED screen
- 6 inch screen size
- 19 MP camera
- AI camera
One of the newer iPhones available, the iPhone X is suitable for growing businesses that need an iPhone that has all the key functions, and more.
Price per month – £52.92
- 12MP wide angle and telephone cameras
- Connectivity – Bluetooth, NFC, wifi
- OLED screen designed for iPhone
- 5.8 inch Super Retina HD display
- Surgical-grade stainless steel
- Up to 21 hours of battery life
- Water and dust resistant
- IP67 splash proof rating
- Up to 21 hours talktime
- FaceID – for security
- HDR and True Tone
- 4K video recording
- TrueDepth camera
- Wireless charging
- All-screen design
- A11 bionic chip
- Wifi and GPS
Click here to discover more O2 business mobiles.
What are the next steps?
At this point, you’ve learned more about business mobiles from O2, including the range of devices and plans available, as well as some of the main benefits of using O2 for your business’ mobile phone requirements.