Vodafone business mobiles
If your small business needs mobile phones, check out our guide to the plans, benefits and devices available from Vodafone
The first mobile phone call was made on 1 January 1985 by Vodafone, a British business that’s been in existence for more than 30 years.
Beginning as a start-up in Newbury, Vodafone is now a major communications company, offering services across mobile and fixed line phone systems, as well as broadband and the Internet of Things (IoT).
What are the types of plans available? Which phones does Vodafone provide? And what are the benefits of being on the Vodafone network?
We’ll explore these key questions, and provide the essential information to help you decide if Vodafone is the right mobile phone company for your business.
In this article, we’ll cover:
- Vodafone business mobile plans
- Vodafone business mobile benefits
- Best phones for Vodafone business users
You can click the links above to go straight to the relevant section and learn more about that topic in detail. Or, for a more general guide to Vodafone business mobiles, you can read the whole article.
If you’re interested in comparing the best business mobile deals from Vodafone click here.
1. Vodafone business mobile plans
Vodafone offers several different types of plans, according to company size and number of employees. The categories available are 1-9 employees, 10-150 employees, and 150+ employees.
Vodafone’s mobile phone plans are customised depending on each business’ requirements. For example, a sole trader is likely to have different requirements for mobile phones in contrast to a growing business with multiple employees.
What do all plans include?
All pay monthly plans feature:
- Unlimited minutes and texts
- Wifi calling
- Data capping
The type of plan that is available to you depends on the size of your business. SIM-only plans are also available, as well as the option to keep your current phone number.
|Business size||Available plans|
Vodafone Business Value
Vodafone Business Premier
Vodafone Business Black
Vodafone Business Black Global
|10-49 employees||Vodafone Business Plus|
Vodafone Business Advance
Vodafone Business Freedom
|250+ employees||Business Optimiser (allowances that change on a monthly basis, depending on usage)|
On the Business Value, Premier, Black, and Black Global plans, there is the option to use your plan abroad in Europe, just like you would at home, for no extra charge. Some additional fees may apply for locations outside of Europe.
Here you can see in more detail which features are included with the Vodafone small business mobile plans:
2. Vodafone business mobile benefits
There are a number of benefits of using Vodafone for your business’ mobile needs. Vodafone is a long-standing, established brand, with more than 30 years’ experience.
It works with a range of sectors and industries, including both private and public sector businesses in the UK and globally, with more than 400 million customers around the world.
As Vodafone offers multiple services, including mobile and landline phone services, broadband, and Internet of Things (IoT), it’s possible to streamline many of your startup’s communication needs and use just one provider. Offering Vodafone business contracts for broadband and landlines, as well as mobile phones, means your business can have multiple communications solutions, all through the same one provider.
Plus, with business insurance available for phones and tablets, you can cover and connect your devices for additional peace of mind.
If you lose your mobile phone, Vodafone will provide a replacement within four hours of receiving an approved insurance claim, as part of its Vodafone Rapid scheme.
In 2016, P3 Connect listed Vodafone as the best network for voice in the UK, as well as the best network in London.
Vodafone offers customer service in a number of ways, including 24/7 assistance through instant messaging and social media. It also has an AI chatbot for responses to online enquiries and is in the process of recruiting UK-based staff for its call centres.
Not only did Vodafone conduct the first mobile phone call, it also sent the first text message too, showing that it’s an innovative company which has led the way in the communications industry. And it continues to do so today: in February 2019, Manchester Airport became the first airport with a 5G connection, provided by Vodafone.
3. Best phones for Vodafone business users
Here, we profile some of the best Vodafone business phones. We made our selection based upon the most popular devices, and have made sure to feature a range of brands.
While there are a number of Vodafone business tariffs to choose from, the prices included here are based upon the cheapest available plans.
Note that upfront costs may apply in addition to the prices listed below, and that prices are excluding VAT.
Free delivery (at certain times) is available in the UK, as is in-store collection.
Samsung Galaxy S10+
The Samsung Galaxy S10+ is ideal for startup owners looking for a popular Android device that’s capable of high quality images and long lasting battery life.
Price per month from – £48.33
- Two front cameras (8MP and 10MP) and three rear cameras (12MP, 12MP and 16MP)
- 4,100 mAh battery
- 6.1-inch Infinity-O Display, offering an edge-to-edge glass screen
- PowerShare function – charge other Samsung Galaxy devices wirelessly from your phone
- Wireless Charging 2.0 – charging pad available separately
- 4K HD video recording
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner
- One UI interface
- 128GB storage, or use a microSD card for up to 512GB
Google Pixel 3 XL
For entrepreneurs looking for an all-round smartphone, with the Google features (like Gmail and Google Photos storage) that you know and love, look no further than the Google Pixel 3 XL. The phone also offers handy functions like Google Assistant, while Vodafone provides a Google Home Hub free of charge.
Price per month from – £38.33
- Google Assistant
- All-day battery life
- Free, unlimited online photo storage on Google Photos (conditions apply)
- Quick charging, long-life battery
- Google Assistant function – activated by squeeze or voice
- Wind-down mode
- Pixel Stand wireless charging (stand available separately)
- Google Pixel Buds – wireless earphones made for Google Pixel specifically
- Fabric cases available
- 64GB storage
- 3,430 mAh battery
- 6.3-inch display
- Google Home Hub provided for free by Vodafone (applicable at the time of writing)
Apple iPhone 8
The Apple iPhone 8 offers small business owners a smartphone from a trusted, reliable, and familiar brand. It offers updated versions of familiar Apple features, such as the design and camera, at a more affordable price point.
Price per month from – £38.33
- 64GB storage
- 24-month extended warranty available from Vodafone for no additional charge (applicable at the time of writing)
- Glass design, aerospace-grade aluminium band
- Water and dust resistant – IP67 rating
- Wireless charging
- Retina HD and True Tone display features
- 12MP camera
- A11 bionic chip
- 4.7-inch display
- 4K video recording
- Touch ID
Huawei P smart 2019
Ideal for business owners on a budget, the Huawei P smart 2019 offers the key functions you’d expect from a smartphone, including high quality display, impressive cameras, and a long battery life.
Price per month from – £15.83
- 6.21-inch display with an 80% screen-to-body ratio
- Eye protection certificate for eye health provided by Rheinland
- Dual AI cameras – 13MP and 2MP rear cameras, 8MP front camera
- Curved design
- Kirin 710 processor
- 3,400 mAh battery
- 64GB storage – with microSD card up to 512GB
- Bluetooth, GPS, NFC connectivity
Sony Xperia 10
With its extended display, image effects, and audio technology, the Sony Xperia 10 is an ideal choice for creative startup founders looking for a cost-effective smartphone.
Price per month from – £19.17
- 21:9 ultrawide extended display for watching movies
- Bokeh and scenario effects
- Smart Amplifier technology for high-resolution audio
- Adaptive Charging, Battery Care, and Smart Stamina for improved battery performance
- 64GB storage, up to 512GB with microSD card
- Bluetooth, GPS, NFC connectivity
- 2,870 mAh battery
What are the next steps?
At this point, you’ve learned more about what Vodafone can offer business customers – including its range of different plans and phones – as well as the benefits of joining Vodafone.
Next, explore our business mobiles channel for more information. Or, if you’re ready to join Vodafone now, simply click the links above to discover the phones and plans that are available for you to purchase.
Interested in finding pay-monthly business mobiles? Vodafone offers a huge range of options – visit their site now to find out more.