How to become a gardener
If you’re a green-fingered lover of the outdoors, starting a gardening business could give you the life you’ve always dreamed of...
- What is a gardening business and who is suited to?
- What should you include in a gardening business plan?
- Are there any rules and regulations to setting up a gardening business?
- How much does it cost to set up a gardening business?
- How much can you earn running your own gardening business?
- Starting a gardening business: Tips and useful contacts
Starting a gardening business: Tips and useful contacts
- Research local areas and competition to find the best place to offer your services
- High quality equipment can help to avoid the future cost of breakdowns and maintenance
- Avoid doing things you are not certified to do to avoid damage to yourself or property
- Don’t underestimate the power of word of mouth to find work
- Always protect yourself with gloves, goggles and ear protectors
- Professional Gardeners’ Guild: National and regional membership organisation
- The Plant School: A UK-based school offering monthly courses on plants taught by experts
- The Royal Horticultural Society: A UK charity offering advice and information on growing and gardening
- The Society of Garden Designers: Membership organisation for garden designers