How to start an antiques business
Could an antiques shop be your dream business? We look at what it takes to become a successful antiques seller...
- What does selling antiques involve?
- Who is antique selling suited to?
- Setting up an antiques shop or business
- How much does it cost to set up an antiques business?
- Tips for successful antique selling
- Useful contacts in the antiques’ world
- Register an antiques business name with our preferred company formation agent (external site, opens in new tab)
- See if you can get a Start Up Loan to help you start a antique business idea (external site, opens in new tab)
Useful contacts in the antiques world
LAPADA The Association of Art and Antique Dealers www.lapada.co.uk
BADA British Antique Dealers’ Association www.bada.org
BAFRA The British Antique Furniture Restorers’ Association www.bafra.org.uk
Thames Valley Antique Dealers’ Association Represents antiques and fine art dealers in the Thames Valley area www.tvada.co.uk