Huawei Honor 9 Lite review
It's got style, it's got class (and it's ultra-affordable). Find out if the Honor 9 Lite is right for you - and see how cheaply you can get a SIM free or pay monthly deal
The Honor 9 Lite is big on features and feels just like a flagship smartphone, but thankfully it doesn’t come with a heavy price tag.
Huawei’s sub-brand Honor is known for making budget smartphones with the X factor and this is the ultra-affordable (but still high spec) version of the Honor 9.
With a 18:9 Full HD+ screen, glass back and Android 8.0, on paper the Honor 9 Lite seems a cut above most budget phones.
Where it is different is the 32 GB storage (rather than 64 GB on the most expensive models) and the lack of image stabilisation (though budget phones in general don’t offer that).
In this full-fat, jargon-free Honor 9 Lite review, we’ll explain everything you need to decide if the Honor 9 Lite is the right phone for you (all its tech specs as well as real user reviews).
Plus, we’ll provide links to the best mobile phone deals on pay monthly and SIM free, so you can save that bit more.
Building a website for your business idea is easier than you might think. Our online tool ranks the top website builders that offer free trials.
In this Honor 9 Lite review we cover:
Honor 9 Lite pros and cons
- Quality design – There aren’t too many glass-back Android 8.0 budget phones.
- Sharp display – The Full HD+ display makes text easy to read and images pop.
- Top-notch features – Dual cameras on the front and rear help get a great shot.
The less good
- So-so battery – Up to 20 hours isn’t terrible, but could be even better.
- May feel large for some – 5.7-inches is great for videos, less so for pockets.
Honor 9 Lite pricing
Best SIM free deals (unlocked Honor 9 Lite)
You can see even more great deals for you to compare at the bottom of this page.
Best pay monthly deals
If you’re keen to get the full shebang (phone and a contract with a phone network like EE, O2, Vodafone etc.), you want a pay monthly deal. The Honor 9 Lite is now only available on the iD Mobile which you can either join direct or through the Carphone Warehouse:
|From £12.99 / month||Free phone||ID Mobile|
|From £12.99 / month||Free phone||Carphone Warehouse|
Honor 9 Lite user ratings
★★★★★ ( )
Speed ★★★★★ (4.5)
Screen ★★★★★ (5)
Camera ★★★★★ (4)
Value ★★★★★ (5)
- Value: “As far as I know no other phone in this price bracket comes close in terms of features. Highly recommended.” – Gamer69
- Design: “I got this a few days ago and I am so happy. The screen is good and just is generally really good.” – Daddy
- Specs: “Fast, tons of memory, the camera is fantastic and even comes wit a very good bokeh effect.” – Anonymous
- Battery: “I can charge my phone from just about empty to 100% and then go 4 to 5 DAYS on that single charge.” – John in Paisley
Honor 9 Lite user experience
For such a tidy price tag, the Honor 9 Lite definitely feels premium with its slick glass and metal body. It has an almost full-screen, curved front, so you can reap all the benefits of a big-screen phone without spending the big bucks.
Simply put, we don’t think there is a bigger or better-built phone for so little.
Fast processor and Android 8.0
The Honor 9 Lite is smooth and fast thanks to the latest Android operating system, including built-in tech to prevent your phone from getting slower as it ages.
Honor 9 Lite tech specs