Startups Awards 2018: Last chance to enter! Entries close midnight tomorrow
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to receive validation from our prestigious judging panel and coverage across Startups.co.uk
There is just one day left to enter the Startups Awards 2018.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to get your business in front of an expert panel of judges and receive coverage across Startups.co.uk.
Now in its 15th year the Startups Awards is the longest running awards of its kind. We’re pleased to have The Start-Up Loans Company back as headline sponsor, alongside category sponsors AXA, haysmacintyre, GoDaddy, and Oracle NetSuite.
Past winners include background checking platform Onfido, AIM-listed property agent PurpleBricks, taxi hire app Minicabit and personalised gift company Notonthehighstreet.com; whose co-founder Holly Tucker won the Women in Business Award back in 2008.
Last year saw renewable energy supplier Bulb take home the prestigious Start Up Loans Start-up of the Year, whilst shaving subscription provider Cornerstone once again clinched the coveted People’s Champion award, which is voted for by fellow businesses and the public.
Is my business eligible?
We’re looking for UK-based privately-owned businesses that started to trade no earlier than 1 August 2014 and no later than 31 July 2017.
We’ll also be looking for:
- A great concept
- Revenue growth
- Major client wins
Find out more about how to enter here.
The Startups Awards judges
This year, the Startups Awards judging panel is bigger and better than ever, made up of leading lights from the world of business and investment.
Many have founded and grown their own businesses so they know what it takes.
The judges include:
- Griselda Togobo, founder of Forward Ladies
- Alex Chesterman OBE, founder of Zoopla Property Group
- Charles Tuke, director of Home House and UK CFO for Fairford Holdings Ltd
- Titus Sharpe, co-founder and president of MVF
- Sahar Hashemi OBE, best-selling author and founder of Coffee Republic and Skinny Candy
- Giles Brook, CEO of Vita Coco EMEA
- Nick Wheeler, founder and chairman of Charles Tyrwhitt Shirts
- Jon Wright, Co-founder, innocent drinks, JamJar Investments and the Wright Family Foundation
- Justine Roberts MBE, founder and CEO of Mumsnet
- Julien Callède, co-founder of Made.com
You can see the full line up of judges here.
Exciting new categories for 2018
This year there are 13 categories to enter including classic categories like Crowdfunded Business of the Year, Innovative Business of the Year and the Women in Business Award.
This also includes some new exciting categories for 2018:
- Side Hustle of the Year – sponsored by GoDaddy, this award recognises entrepreneurs juggling a day job and a part-time business
- Family Business of the Year – this is awarded to familial founders balancing work and personal life
- Best Place to Work – this award celebrates small businesses with a great culture that keep their teams happy, productive and moving forward
- Start-up Community Catalyst – this award is for the start-up workspaces, incubators and accelerators that have built a strong community and a support package for start-up
- Growth Business Enabler of the Year – for companies operating across professional and business services with a particularly growth-focused and unique offering
As usual, every shortlisted start-up will be put forward for the People’s Champion Award, voted for by the public and your business peers.
One deserving entrant will also be awarded the grand prize of The Start Up Loans Company Start-up of the Year.
The full list of Startups Awards categories and their descriptions can be found here.
The winners of the Startups Awards 2018 will be unveiled at an illustrious awards ceremony at the Royal Garden Hotel, London on Thursday 21 November 2018.
Don’t hesitate! Enter your business into the Startups Awards 2018 now!